Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Actually

Our Valentine's "party" was a bust. Nothing fell into place, so each couple decided to do their own thing. I got home from work and there was a pot of mini roses, a card, and some nail polish on the table for me.  Not to mention, Daniel was dressed in purple (which I love haha).  Unfortunately, I had had a rotten day at work and was still in a rotten mood.  I kind of pushed Daniel aside and told him I had to go running or else I might explode.  I ran 3 miles as fast as I could and played and re-played me quitting my job in my head.  We all know that I won't do it until Daniel and I leave for Scotland, but it helped me run faster and it kept my mind off the fact that I was actually running. When I got home, I felt 1000 times better... but Daniel was gone.  So I hopped in the shower and when I got out Daniel was in the kitchen preparing our own little cheese and wine tasting.  It turned out incredible.

I helped set the table and Daniel did the rest.  We had smoked Gouda and brie, green and red apples, grapes and green olives, a french baguette, and a grape/blueberry non-alcoholic drink.  We ate by candle light (using the candles Daniel used when he propose to me) and listened to my play list (which fortunately I added a few more songs to). He asked me to dance when our song came on (Smile by Uncle Kracker).  I cried (tears of joy) and I realized how lucky I am to have a guy like Daniel. 

He makes everything better.

We finished the night with a chocolate brownie with cream cheese frosting and part of an old John Wayne movie. John Wayne is a horrible actor.  I loved it.

First Valentine's Day as a married woman:  EPIC SUCCESS

I'll post pictures later.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment