Sunday, November 6, 2011

Today I am officially SIX months pregnant!

Crazy.  My whole pregnancy thus far has been a breeze and it has gone by so fast.  (I guess finding out when you're already a few months in helps!) And although I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the little girl growing inside of me, I just wanted to make note of how much I am enjoying my last few months in my family of two: me and Daniel. 

With me working full time and Daniel being a full-time grad student, it's hard to find time where we can just "hang out," but the few minutes we do squeeze in each day are what make me the happiest and I feel like we have grown together so much over the past few months.  This weekend is a perfect example of this.

Friday night we picked up a free pizza and ate our dinner in the Domino's parking lot before heading to Durham where were going to spend the rest of the night butchering chicken with Daniel's mom, sister, and brother-in-law.  There was nothing glorious planned in that evening.  We even got caught in horrible traffic on the way there, but Daniel and I managed to entertain ourselves, eat the rest of our large pizza, and then at the end of the night (and 80lbs of chicken later), take home about 14 large chicken breasts to keep in our freezer and use (Thank you Sally!!).  Why did the night turn out to be such a success?  Because we were together.

Saturday, Daniel woke up early and went to play soccer with his friends.  As usual, I slept in :-).  When he got home, he had a HUGE box of produce from the farmers market with him.  Because we can't possibly use all that's in the box before it goes bad, we spent the rest of Saturday morning washing, cutting, and freezing different fruits and vegetables for later use.  We had the Disney movie "Songs of the South" playing in the background and even stopped to fully enjoy the epic film while we ate our lunch of cheese and bean quesadillas with chips and salsa.  Let me just say that I love Uncle Remus and his chipper laugh :-)  After the movie, we made homemade black bean soup and went for a long walk through down town Carrboro and got to visit all the art studios of locals.  It was awesome.  When we got back to the apartment, we ate our soup and Mattie and Matt (some of our friends) came over and watched a movie with us. Once again, there was nothing glorious about the day, but we got to spend it together and I had so much fun.  We laughed the entire time. Also (for the record), Matt and Mattie left at about 11:30pm.  I was tired and wanted to go to bed, but Daniel wanted to stay up and watch football.  I went to bed and fell asleep, but needless to say, the "late for bed" fairy visited Daniel and stole and hid his pillow.  I think next time he'll come to bed when I ask him too. haha         

And Sunday.  Daniel woke up and made me waffles with fresh strawberries (we forgot it was fast Sunday! Whoops.) We got ready for church, went to church, and enjoyed church. We had put a roast in our slow cooker before we left and came home to a delightful smelling house. We had all the typical veggies, a side salad, and we even made a gravy!  As we sat at the table and blessed the food I was reminded of my own family's Sunday dinners and couldn't help but think, "Wow. I'm married. I have a cute little apartment, a cute husband, and now we cook our own fancy schmancy Sunday dinners.  I'm a grown up!"  And for whatever reason, having that pot roast on the table made made me feel like I could do this whole mother thing no problem. haha  What's even better is that Daniel was sitting across from me and I knew that I had the best helping hand in the world.  We spent the rest of our Sunday going for a long walk in the beautiful autumn weather, swinging, and playing fargo (a dice game that I usually win :-) )



I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I got to spend so much time with just Daniel.  I feel like time has only made us we laugh harder, communicate better, and genuinely enjoy each other (which is great considering we are going to be together forever). 

So yeah.  Even though three has always been my favorite number,  I'm really enjoying my family of two :-)

1 comment:

  1. You two... you just kill me with your adorableness.

    The other day at work we played Yahtzee and I was cracking up thinking about that time we played Fargo in front of the Irish legislature building because we were all sick of each other. Haha. ALSO played that Dance Central game over the weekend and thought of you guys.

    Basically, I just miss you guys excessively. Aaaaand I'm starting to work on your baby present...now.

    ReplyDelete