Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2011 was... interesting.

Daniel's sister was in the hospital due to a same-day surgery gone astray, so all our Thanksgiving plans were cancelled and rerouted.  Daniel and I ended up hosting.

Menu:
Appetizer
Mediterranean Salad

Entree
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Home-made Gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Brocolii
Stuffing

Dessert
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie

Here is Daniel learning how to carve the turkey and make gravy.


And here is our humble table setting. We didn't have a table cloth or enough matching dishes. Oh well. haha

It was simple and delicious...and a little luke-warm.  Daniel and I had no idea how to keep everything warm with only one oven!  After dinner, we spent the rest of the night at the hospital playing Ticket to Ride across Jennie's hospital bed.  She was too tired to play, so she just watched.  I placed in second and I believe Daniel lost haha.  

Unfortunately, all our last minute plans made it so Daniel and I couldn't justify driving 9 hours to Tennessee for our good friend Terry's wedding :-( .  That was probably the biggest disappointment of the holiday weekend.  We'll definitely have to make that up to him.  Instead, I spent the entire morning watching ABC Family's countdown to the 25 day countdown for Christmas.  Boring.  I was sad the whole day Terry was off celebrating. 

To try and make me feel better, Daniel took me to the Duke Gardens.  Even though nothing was in bloom, we still had fun.  We packed turkey sandwiches, popcorn, and apples and got to eat our lunch while sitting in the sun.  It was a gorgeous day. You really can't beat seventy degree weather the day after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment