Saturday, June 18, 2011

Preston Temple Trip

Today Daniel and I went on the ward temple trip to Preston, England.  The four hour bus ride to and from was less than desirable, but the temple itself was beautiful, the experience inside was wonderful, and as a cherry on top... Daniel's dad was there with us!! I know we just saw him last week, but we worry about him a lot being alone in India, so the mere fact that we got to see him again, the day before Father's Day was really special. He's great!



 haha I'm sure you are all wondering why I have this picture of the back of my head... let me explain.  Daniel and I woke up late this morning and we had to get to the bus stop by 6:30am to make it to the church by 7am.  I didn't have time to shower in the morning and the morning before I just let my hair air dry so it was pretty frizzy/crazy.  Well, I went with the medieval look and had a braided crown around the front which continued in the back... I knew it probably looked stupid but it's all I had time for and I thought my outfit looked cuter with my hair down than up (pure vanity...).  Anyway, I had a number of people at the temple comment on my hair, so we took a picture.  One temple worker, in her British accent stated, "Your hair is GLORIOUS! you look like you came straight out of a Renaissance painting!"  I also had a French woman follow me into the bathroom and have her friend translate/tell me that everybody in her family has brown hair, but one 10 year old grand daughter has red curly hair.  The gene popped out of nowhere!  But now she believes that her granddaughter will look beautiful ---It seemed like she doubted it before. Offensive. haha  

Overall day: Temples = great :-)

And a quick update on yesterday June 17, 2011:  Somebody in Parliament wanted me to go help with a bi-election by leaf letting in some town a good hour+ away.  It was the last thing I wanted to do.  So for the first time since I've been in the UK, I stayed home while Daniel went to work.  I spent the entire morning going to different thrift stores in Stockbridge which is right around the corner from my flat and eating lunch at Subway.  I loved it. There are 8 different thrift stores on one street and they have all sorts of stuff--a lot of which is vintage!  I got about 4 outfits for 18pounds.  I was going to go to the Art museums after I was done shopping, but I ended up getting home not long before Daniel so we went grocery shopping and then met Danny at the movie theater to see the new X-men movie which I really liked. 

Oh and did I mention that next weekend I'm going to Ireland, the weekend after that I'm going to Palma de Mallorca--an island off the coast of Spain... in the Mediterranean sea.  and then, a few days later MY PARENTS are coming to town and we are going to London for four days and the highlands for two!

Thank you Europe for cheap flights and hostels!

The is Palma de Mallorca.  LOVE.  I told Daniel that I really wanted to go somewhere warm, and this is what the little sweet pea agreed to!


No comments:

Post a Comment