Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Updates

Sunday June 19, 2011:  After church, Alyson and Alan Adam invited us over to their house for dinner.  It was a lot of fun and we played with their kinect.  Daniel wants one now.  It was really fun.

Monday June 20, 2011:  Went to work, came home, Daniel made me leek and tattie soup.  It's my favorite now, although this batch had a few too many potatoes and not enough broth.  After dinner we watched Man of Fire--a very intense but very good film.

Tuesday June 21, 2011:  (Happy 10 months to me and Daniel!)  We went to work and then went to Alyson and Alan Adam's house again for pizza!  We were planning on going to the Royal Botanical Gardens because they were open until 10 (celebrating Summer) and the glass houses were free, but the weather was bad so we went with pizza and a free massage at a hotel behind parliament. 

The free massage was part of an event that our MSP's were invited to so we also got to go.  We went, got our free massages, participated in something called "prophetic drawing" and apparently I was blessed and baptized a born again Christian through prayer (how that happened and without my consent is beyond me... haha but this woman kept telling me (after she prayed for me--this all happened while I was waiting in line for my prophetic drawing), "Today is the best day of your life!  You've accepted Jesus into your soul and you are born again!  It's okay that you were Mormon... you didn't know any better") <--- what!? haha I was so confused. 

Anyway... onto prophetic drawing.  I sat down in a chair across from an Irishman named Michael.  We exchanged hello's and then he explained to me how the whole thing worked.

Michael: "I'm going to close my eyes. If you see my lips moving, don't be alarmed, I'm praying.  When the vision/revelation comes to me I will open my eyes and begin to draw.  Okay?"

Me: (Nod)

Michael: (eyes closed... looking very relaxed.  VISION HITS HIM!  EYES SPRING OPEN) "Wow. that's interesting.  I've never drawn this before.  Alright , let's have a go".

Me: (Nod and smile).

Michael:  (begins to draw... after one line, he rips the page out of his notebook and throws it behind him out of frustration.)

Crazy lady next to him:  "Temper Temper" 

This woman then proceeds to talk about WWF(why?!), beating people up, and television while lauging hysterically at everything she says--Very spiritual and uplifting.  Meanwhile, there is another woman singing (quite beautifully actually) mystical sounds in the background)

Michael:  (after responding to the taunts of the crazy woman... gets another piece of paper out and begins to draw... a tree <--he's never drawn one of those before?!).

He spents about 15 mins drawing this "detailed" tree with no leaves.

Michael: "Sorry this is taking me so long.  I could spend hours on this drawing.  There is so much to it! But sometimes, the length of the prophesy is revealed by how long it takes to draw."

FINALLY, he flips the drawing to face me and says...

Michael:  "What do you see?"

Me:  "A tree"

Michael: "That's what I thought at first too, but then it became clear to me!" 

He flips the drawing around so that the tree now looks like its underground... roots... profound.  He begins to point to the area above ground and tell me that that is what I need to focus on.  He then grabs a green pen and draws a single stem.  He tops that stem with a red rose.

The prophecy is almost complete.

Michael:  "You are the rose."

He then explained to me that I was the rose and the roots are symbolic of my Rich Celtic Christian heritage drawn from generations of prayers.  Furthermore, he told me that I will see the fruits of their labors because of their faithfulness and prayers in my life and others. Cool. 


Here's Daniel's picture.....

He doesn't bring water to the fire... he brings more fire!  Apparently, he's a very passionate individual and he brings passion to whatever he does, hence the fire coming out of the hose.

I don't know either....

Wednesday June 22, 2011: Today I went to work, felt like I was dying, called the doctor but didn't end up going because I would have had to the emergency room, and came home and I'm currently planning my trip to Ireland.  We leave tomorrow early in the morning.  We are going to the CLIFFS OF INSANITY!!!!!

I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment