Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4th - July 7th, 2011

This week has been pretty frustrating. 

1. Jani and Jesse's baby is having heart surgery today and I have had to get all my information from either a 14 year old boy over facebook or Jesse's sister's blog.  I haven't been able to talk to anybody directly and I always get the information hours/1 day after everybody else.


2. Because of the above situation, my parents have cancelled their trip to Europe to visit me and Daniel and although I completely understand and agree with their decision, I'm still sad.  That's another minus 10 days that I get to spend with my parents before I move to North Carolina for at least the next two years.  

3.  I want to go home.  I have loved my time in Scotland, but with everything going on back home, I'd much rather be there.  Our original fly back date was the 26th of July, but with my parents not coming, that leaves me and Daniel with 3 weeks in Scotland with no family and no job.  To some it may sound great, but I'm not really in the mood to travel around right now-- we can't afford it and I want to be able to have some communication with my family.  

We tried to change our flights home to July 15th and the travel agency said that we couldn't fly home until the 18th AND they wanted more than $5500.00 to change our flight with only a slight chance that we'd get reimbursed even though we bought travel insurance and have a reasonable claim.  It would be cheaper to just buy new flights home!  Which we can't really afford either. 

So I'm stuck here.

I'm so frustrated, livid, upset, and annoyed that I can't even breathe sometimes.   

The past few days have not been that great for me.

I just want to go hooommmeee.

**If you want some updates on baby Abigail, go to this blog:
http://journeywithjohnsons.blogspot.com/2011/07/invitation-in-fasting-united-in-one.html

Jesse's sister is doing such a good job and I'm so grateful for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Mandi, I am so sorry you are away from family at this difficult time. Kolby and I know what it is like to live on one side of the country when you want to be on the other. We are praying for Abigail and we will keep you in our prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted on Facebook, too, but I wanted you to know it's okay to admit/say that life sucks. I totally understand your frustrations and I think you're totally valid in being upset. And just as April said, it's even more difficult because you feel bad for the whole situation and being upset over it.
    I wish you were home, too, and I wish Ryan and I were there.

    ReplyDelete