Monday, September 19, 2011

England!

So Daniel and I went to England.

First we went to Milton Keynes to visit his dad and it was really great to see him. This is us toasting to our reunion.  It was a great day (and I got to take a nap--something Daniel rarely lets me do haha)
Then we went to LONDON!  (this is a very brief version of our trip, just so I can catch up.  Sorry)
Me and Gandhi chillin in a beautiful park.
 View of North Bridge (I believe)
 A castle in London--which is actually called something else that I can't remember.
 Me and Daniel in front of North Bridge
 Daniel pointing out some bomb residue beneath a Sphinx -- left over from WWII
 A obelisk that was brought over from Egypt a very long time ago.
BIG BEN 
 The National Gallery- I gave Daniel and 30 min tour of all the important pieces.  We had too much to do and too little time.
 Olympic Countdown!
 Royal phone booths.  I wish that boy (the small asian) would have gotten out of the picture, but he always managed to hop on in it whenever I snapped the shot.  So annoying.
 Some more big Ben
 Westminster Abbey--William and Catherine were married here.  The line was so long that we didn't get to go in.  We'll have to do that another time when we happen to be in London.
 The London Eye
 Parliament!

And then Daniel and I went to the Film Museum.  There was supposed to be some 007 stuff there, but it had all been moved out for a Harry Potter display.  Daniel was less than pleased, but I still found some rare treasures.
 Armour that Heath Ledger wore in A Knights Tale :-)  I'm still sad that he died.
SIMPSON'S!  I really just love this display.  I may even make it my facebook profile picture soon. I feel like I would really fit in with this family haha.
 Daniel did take a picture with Harry Potters robes from the movie where he battles a dragon.  I can't remember which one that is.  He was still upset about the 007 stuff being gone though.
 We also went to the changing of the guards.
 and Buckingham Palace
 Where the band played "Lady in Red" and Ricky Martin's "Livin La Vida Loca" (no joke)

 We got a closer view of the Westminster Abbey

 And then we took Daniels first trip on the tube. To See.... CHELSEA STADIUM.
 He loved this so much.  That's his excited face. haha
 Daniel bought a Chelsea hat.
 Then we went to the National Museum.  We didn't have much time there because we had a train to catch.  But we ran around like maniacs, carrying all our luggage, and got to see some really cool stuff.
 Like the Rosetta Stone-  helped the world be able to read hieroglyphics.
And a large Papa New Guinea Statue.

After the museum, we hopped on a train back to Milton Keynes to see Daniel's padre one more time before we shipped out to the states.  That night Daniel and I went and saw the new transformers movie in 3D and then we stayed and watched the final Harry Potter movie at midnight.  It was a blast and it was very memorable.  We got back to the apartment at about 3am-ish, where we packed up and then got in a taxi at 4am to get us to the airport. Then it was homeward bound.

Goodbye Europe!  (Sad face)

No comments:

Post a Comment