Monday, September 19, 2011

Lawrence, Carrboro, & Baltimore!

The 36 hour drive from Salt Lake City to UNC- Chapel Hill was.... fun? We listened to a couple books on CD which we bought from the DI and were exactly what one would expect from a DI donated book. NOT great but we laughed at them and they did make the time go faster.

Luckily, the 36 hours was interrupted when we stopped in Lawrence, Kansas (18 hours away) and visited Ryan and Chelsea.  I wish I had taken pictures of this little vacation, but I didn't :-(.  We had a lot of fun though walking down Mass Street, walking around KU campus and visiting the museum, and looking at all the cool vintage shops in town.  It was also just nice to relax, watch movies, and once again--eat good food! haha.

When we got to NC, I immediately got a job which was a huge blessing.  We were still driving and when we were in TN I got a call offering me an interview for the next day.  I went to the interview and was offered the position the day after that.  I'm working as a receptionist at a private freshman dorm facility.  It's really laid back and I love my bosses/coworkers.  They are really great people and they crack me up. Plus, I get a free meal plan which is awesome.

Over Labor day weekend, Daniel and I got to go to BALTIMORE to visit Nate, April, and of course Edison and McKay. It's only a 5 hour drive! We had so much fun. Nate took us all out to a really nice crab lunch on the water and that was so great.  The whole meal was a social event and we had to work for our food which made us enjoy it all the more.
 Just waiting for our food.
 Edison's favorite part was the lemonade haha but he liked the crab meat too.
 When I say we ordered crab... we really did! and french fries and corn on the cob.  It was a real feast.
 Firstly, let me say how handsome I think Daniel is in this picture :-) and secondly, I don't usually like sea food, but this stuff was so fresh it was delicious.

After our lunch, we walked around downtown Baltimore.  We picked an interesting weekend because there was a literal race track going through the city with cars like this one zooming by constantly (well, behind a fence).  Edison got to sit in a real race car! You can see his little blond head peaking out.  He didn't like the racing though because it was too loud.  The only way I could get him to smile when we were watching it (he had his ears plugged the whole time) was when I mentioned that we would have a big pillow fight when we got back to the house. He loved that.

Jessi Warfield and her boyfriend Richie came down too!!  We went to dinner one night at the Hard Rock Cafe and just talked and laughed for about three house.  It was great. I love Jessi and it was so nice to finally meet Richard after I've been hearing about him for the past four years.  For those of you who don't know, Jessi and I have known each other since we were like 13 and we've managed to see each other every year despite the fact that we've lived on opposite sides of the country for the past 6.  It was so much fun.  I'll try and post pictures of that later.

And that's all the exciting stuff to date.  Well, for the most part.

We finally got our apartment living room decorated.....
 
 Daniel made this piece with his bare hands! All we need to do now is sand and paint.

So Yeah.
Scotland, a cross county move, and now on to our new adventure...


WE ARE HAVING A BABY!
AND IT'S A GIRL!  Surprise!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations are definitely in order! So many things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete