Friday, April 29, 2011

6 : Blood pudding, Royal Wedding and More

Daniel and I were actually able to wake up early (ha) today: 8:15am--we are finally adjusting to the time change.  Technically, we could have gone in to work, but a lot of schools, offices, and buildings were closed for the Royal Wedding and we were told we could choose. So we did and we decided to stay in, cook blood pudding, and watch two people that don't mean much to us get married. 



AND

Daniel cooking the blood pudding
Verdicts: 

Overall, the Royal Wedding was boring (Simply meaning that I'm just bitter about it because I'm jealous haha). I thought the balcony kiss was lame BUT Kate looked beautiful and it will be fun to remember that we were living in Edinburgh when it happened. (We wanted to go out to a pub to watch it, but we didn't really know what was going on where so yeah.  It was nice to stay in). As for the blood pudding, I psyched myself out.  Literally, as soon as I put the thing in my mouth I tasted iron and started dry heaving.  Daniel on the other hand said it wasn't too bad.

There is a picture of me spitting it out... but I have a REALLY
BAD double chin in it so I'm not posting it. haha
In the afternoon we went and toured the Parliament Building.  It was interesting and it was cool to see where Daniel would be working after the election.  I didn't particularly love the architecture and I thought some of the rooms smelled awful (like rubbish - trash) but Daniel really liked it (not the smell, just the architecture :-)).

Daniel in the debate room
A book we found in the gift shop.  It's about a little boy whose parents were
both red heads and all his siblings were, but he was a blonde and always felt left out.
After the Parliament tour we just walked up the Royal Mile.  First, we stopped in the Canongate Churchyard and visited Adam Smith's grave (the only name I remember from my highschool economy class).  Then we visited a few tourist shops (and found the Alexander shield) and hit up a fudge shop.  We got the Almond Toffee Cream. YUM.

Canongate Church Cemetary.  There is a grave that is rumored to date back to the 1500!


Daniel and Adam Smith

Daniel walking around the grave yard

Alexander Shield

Fudge Shop that is highly recommended. SO good.
It actually started raining today and a lot of shops were closed before we got done with our tour, so we headed home after stopping at the grocery store and trying to stock up on dinner/lunch for the next couple of days and yeah.  That was our day. 

2 comments:

  1. Daniel looks like an angry Scottsman whilest eating his blood pudding ;-)
    -Aunt Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't Bonner have a tatoo of the Alexander shield?

    ReplyDelete