Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day before Elections --May 4, 2011

We spent all day in a bus (filled with helium) following around a helicopter carrying the 1st Minister of Scotland.  We started off in Glasgow then went to Strathaven, Pebbles, Musselburgh, and Edinburgh.  It was a long day.  We literally just wore our jackets and tshirts, carried balloons, and cheered when he got out of his vehicle.  It was cool to be there, but after the first stop it got very tiring.  And all the helium in the car was giving me and Daniel major headaches. But overall it was a beautiful day and we got some beautiful landscape views from the car (Daniel did, I slept a lot because I kept feeling car sick)


It looks like I'm flashing the media man... haha but I do have a t-shirt on :-)



I have a brother with this name, and I assume that one day he will have a son. haha



The man facing the camera is Paul--the guy who took the picture of me and Daniel sleeping.

Beautiful landscape.



I don't know what the yellow fields are, but Scotland has a ton of them.  They are so pretty!


Alex Salmond greeting the people.

1 comment:

  1. MANDI! I forgot you were going to Scotland. Don't you absolutely love it?! If you get the chance, you should go out to Stirling. It is absolutely amazing. Climb the William Wallace monument. There is an amazing view from up there. And if you get a day drive out to Calendar. My dad went wandering one day for fun and I loved it. It's near Stirling. We drove up the sort of canyon and pulled of to the Rob Roy burial site. So gorgeous back there in the highlands with the lake and stuff! I'm talking[typing] too much. I'm just super jealous. I'm coming to visit! Kidding. I wish I could. Enjoy every minute of it! :)

    ReplyDelete