Monday, May 2, 2011

MONDAY II

Today was our typical campaigning day so I didn't take any pictures.  Sorry.

We started at 10am took a break at "half 12" (12:30) and walked home to make BLT's for lunch. Then we went out again from 2pm to 4:30pm and went grocery shopping (again--we have to go pretty much everyday because we cant stock up on anything that we need to freeze or keep cold since our fridge is so small).

Then, we had the sister missionaries over to teach one of their investigators in our flat.  It was pretty awesome.  The investigators name is Alex and he's from Athens, Greece.  We taught him about the word of wisdom.  I don't think he was too excited about it, but we'll see.  He's a really smart guy.  He's in his first year at Edinburgh University studying a bunch of things - archeology, gaelic, and I forget what else. He reminds me a lot of Javier (Jani's friend--for those of you who know him haha)

After they left, Daniel and I headed out to go to family home evening (FHE) with the young single adult group--they were having a BBQ.  We had to run to make our bus (which is always an adrenaline rush--when you make it. haha) and then we got to meet a lot of ward members--many that are our age.  It was really cool.  We just talked and ate and a few kids played with a frisbee. (PS.  A few kids here commented on the fact that Daniel and I are both redheads.  A Scottish redheaded girl said that we definitly broke the "unspoken rule". haha but that our kids would be okay because neither Daniel nor I had "Irn Bru" hair (the 2nd national drink of Scotland... it's pure orange.) Another redheaded boy studying here from Vermont (but he grew up most of his childhood in London) commented on how accepted he felt in Scotland versus the USA... Daniel and I must say, we agree. haha Scotland loves fairskinned redheads :-) )

Right as we were leaving, one of the guys there asked us what we were doing tomorrow night and invited us to a ceilidh or a scottish dance tomorrow at "half 8"!! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. He said that they'll teach us how to do it and it's every Tuesday night! I hope this becomes a habit. You'll definitly get pictures of that if we make it. 

Tomorrow, Daniel and I are going out with Alex Salmond-- he's running to be the 1st Minister of Scotland. Pretty important guy.  Rumor has it that we'll get a free jacket too.  I'll keep ya posted :-)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I had to read the redhead part to Ryan. He hates it when I call him a Ginger, even though I try to explain it's only negative in the USA but he's not buying it.

    Have fun at the dance! I'm excited to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete