Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011

Today was a normal day at Parliament... and then I had lunch with Katie Beth Summerhays!  We went to Pizza Hut which was alright--I'm sure we could have found better food haha, but regardless how cool is it that here is this girl I met last year pretty much in Greece and then we meet up for lunch in Scotland a year later?  It was absolutely wonderful.


She's currently living in London getting her masters degree from Sotheby's but was in Edinburgh for the weekend running a marathon (I know, she's an inspiration to me too).  I just love seeing familiar faces and feeling connected with the whole world.

After work Daniel and I came back to the apartment and I watched Judge Judy. haha I know.  Pathetic--watching American TV in Scotland, but my feet were killing me, there were 80mph gusts of wind outside and it just felt good to be lazy on the couch. 

We did go to FHE tonight though and it was fun.  The youth were telling me a bunch of American foods that they love a lot that they don't have in Scotland such as:  airheads, goldfish, junior mints, york peppermint patties, the multi-colored mini-marshmallows, beef jerky, warheads, etc.  It was fun to talk to them about that, because I didn't even realize all the candy that we have that they don't.  So yeah. 

Life is becoming more and more normal everyday and it's brilliant (using my british words!).  I love living in the city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment