Sunday, May 8, 2011

Saturday & Sunday

The past couple of days have been pretty normal.  It seems like the magic of the city is turning into the hussle and bussle of everyday life.  It's still wonderful and I love it but it's not so foreign anymore... it's turning into home :-)

Saturday 5/7/2011:
Laundry--in our machine that washes clothes for 2 hours and won't unlock unless we beg it too.
Movies--Thor and his gloriously sculpted body.
Mall--Shops that CLOSE AT 6.  It's seriously so annoying.
Walking-- aka Hiking.  We hiked up Arthur's Seat around 8pm and just looked over the city.  Beautiful.





You can kind of see the castle in the distance

Sunday 5/8/2011:
Church--we thought we missed our bus and freaked out but we ended up getting on another bus that got us to church right on time. I got to help in nursery today and learned a bunch of little Scottish songs.  I kept thinking how much Edison would love them.
Nap--I needed it and Daniel talked with his dad.
Skype--with our wonderful mother's for Mother's Day.  It's always good to talk to family.  (Truth be told, I cried my first three nights in Edinburgh because I missed them so much. Just thinking about my parents front door made me start sobbing.  haha poor Daniel).
Games on the street corner:  Daniel and I wanted to get out of our apartment and go for a walk so we decided to go to Charlottes Square (right by our house) and play fargo and war (yes the card game...).  BUT like the rest of the city, even the city parks are closed/gated off at 6 even though it is completely light still.  We watched the sun set at 9:30pm and we sat on a street corner and played dice and cards.  I won both games. It was a blast.   

1 comment: