Sunday, May 1, 2011

OFFICIALLY ONE WEEK

Church?  Awesome. 

As soon as we hopped on the bus to head to church, we knew exactly which people were headed to the chapel.  We had no idea where we were going so luckily, we were able to just follow them. :-) As soon as we walked in the building people were greeting us left and right.  The mission president and his wife were attending the ward today and it ends up their daughter was my Visiting Teacher/ Visiting Teaching Companion (I can't remember which) for a little while when I lived at the Colony one summer (talk about a small world) and the young woman who took my engagement pictures (Amy Fish- who is also one of my good friends) is traveling to Scotland in August to visit them-->too bad Daniel and I will already be gone by then!

It was freezing in the chapel so the Sister Griffiths (the mission presidents wife) gave me a blanket AND a jacket to keep.  That saves me a trip to the store.  It's crazy... everybody says that it's tropical out, but regardless of the sun, it's still freezing to me haha.

The majority of the people who bore their testimony's in Sacrament Meeting are converts to the church and the lessons in Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society were great. The chorister in Relief Society dances as she leads and she makes everybody "smile" (literally, she says to between versus) and sing really loud.  It's awesome.  She came up to me afterwords and asked me to sing in church next Sunday already! haha  I don't know how she knew I could even sing but I guess one of these Sundays I'll be singing.
Things to keep me busy after the elections?
I was told today by the internship coordinator (who is also the Elder's Quorum President) that I could volunteer at the Parliament Building this summer with Daniel.  AND I also might be able to serve a mini-mission and work in the Mission Office -- Sister Griffiths is going to see what she can do to keep me busy.

Daniel and I are just really excited.  I feel like this ward is going to be incredible and that we are going to make some wonderful friends.  A young couple that lives in Leith already invited us over for dinner at their house next week--we had only talked to them for a few minutes too.  Talk about welcoming. 

Anyways after church we came home, made lunch, and I took a nap.  Then we explored the city and found another entrance to the Leith Walkway right by our house.  It's fun to just explore.

Sorry for the lack of pictures today.  But it's a Sunday! haha we didn't do too much. The pictures below are just of us at the walkway we found.




And sorry they are so dark.  My camera isn't too good.  If you click on them you should get a better view.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment