Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011

Daniel and I have security badges to walk around Parliament.  How cool is that?!  We spent today working.  Nothing too glorious about that.  Daniel was mainly doing research to find successful communication strategies and I spent endless hours writing letters on behalf of the Midlothian and Musselburgh constituents--some of which were bizarre. 

For example: One person stated that their toddler (2-3 yrs old) was suffering from flashbacks because their father died in the bathroom of their government owned house... she wanted to move (reasonable). HOWEVER she was using the child's "medical condition" as a means to get a bigger house. What? I don't get how the flashbacks means she should get a bigger house.  Oh well haha

I have about 15 more letters already to go through for tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get more.  I'm excited that Claire (one of the other interns) is going to come help me though.  We always have fun together.

Other than that Daniel and I were pretty boring tonight.  We were going to go grocery shopping but ended up popping popcorn and watching a movie instead.  (Band of Brothers.... I cried a lot.  :-( I don't like wars)

Anyway, it sounds ridiculous, but everything is better in Scotland:  The sweets are sweeter...the chip bags are fuller... and the popcorn is down right delicious.

We love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment