Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunday

Sunday was stake conference.  It was a broadcast and Elder Perry and Thomas S. Monson spoke!  I'm not going to lie, I may have dozed off a few times (we had a busy weekend!) but what I did hear was awesome.  They are really stressing reenacting inactive members in the UK.  Seems like a good idea and the people in Scotland really want a temple so they are willing to do whatever it takes to get one.

After the broadcast we went to the Campbell's house -- they are a family in our stake that know Daniel's cousin's husband's parents from England... haha.  They invited us over for dinner :-).  They have 3 little boys and one girl-- Alex (5), Jamie (7), Scott (12) and Jessica (14).  We ate, played star wars monopoly, and Daniel wrestled with the little boys. 

 At one point Jamie kept saying "Mummy.. I smell poop.  I smell poop mummy." Mandy (the mum) kept telling him to be quiet so I thought that "somebody" must have tooted and she was embarrassed about it... but then Alex jumped up and I was about to grab him when I heard "MUMMY!! ALEX HAS POOP ALL OVER HIM".. and he did.  Poor little guy. Went to the bathroom and tried to clean it up himself but just made a big old mess. Mandy was just laughing about it, but Richard (the dad) couldn't decide whether to be mortified or just go with it.  I was laughing so hard (everything is 100% funnier with all their little accents) that I couldn't stop for like 5 minutes. There were a lot of other funny things that happened while we were there but I can't think of them now. 

We really enjoyed it though.  It was good to be in a home and have a big homemade meal. 

My buddy Alex. haha

Dessert.  a meringue pie with fresh cream and fruit.  YUM.
I didn't take a picture with the family (sad face)  but at least I got Alex :-) and hopefully we'll see them again before we leave.

Something interesting we learned from Mandy:  If you boil a can of sweet and condensed milk for about three hours... it will turn into Carmel when you open it (who knew!? I want to try it now too!)  Put that on top of a graham-cracker/butter crust, top it with chocolate and you've got millionaire short bread! Put it on the graham-cracker/butter crust with a layer of bananas and chocolate and you've got some other fantastic Scottish dessert.  Sweet!  Of course there are other ways to make really good carmel but this has got to be the easiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment