Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17th, 2011

Today was pretty basic.  I am now working (for free) for Colin Beattie--MSP of Midlothian and Musselburgh.  Pretty cool.  I wrote my first press release and motion about how Colin is speaking at a convention on Thursday about the negative effects of violence against women. I also made sure to mention that there would be curry served. haha I enjoyed it.

Daniel was moved from the Press Office and now he is working with Alex Neil--the minister of housing and communities.  It's a big deal. He's pretty excited about it.

Then our friends Alan and Allyson (they both work at Parliament --in fact, I'm working directly with Allyson) took us to Pizza Express for lunch.  It was super nice of them and Daniel and I really enjoyed it.

We got off work about 3:30 and just walked up the Royal Mile.  We went into the Childhood Museum and I had a lot of fun.  I don't think Daniel did.. haha but it was just a museum of old toys. 

Me looking at the tea sets


I put on a puppet show for Daniel.  He really liked it.
 
There was a room of dolls everywhere.  I posted this for Jani :-)


Daniel and I went through the doll room picking out dolls that we thought resembled each other.  I told Daniel he looked like the squinty man in this picture.  He retaliated and said that the doll in the yellow had my figure. haha rude.  We had fun. 
OH and the doll in the red dress above them... I HAVE one just like it! I bought it at a yard sell for 10cents when I was in high school.  It's apparently from the 1960s-1970s. Cool (it's a little red riding hood doll that has the grandma, wolf, and little red riding hood in one)
 That was our day.  We came home and made dinner, watched CSI, and then headed off to the dance BUT we got there late and the tickets were sold out so we just wandered around the city.

We found the cafe where JK Rowlings wrote the Harry Potter books and get this... in the cemetery behind it you can find the graves of Tom Riddle and Minerva McGonagall (names that obviously inspired characters in her book).  Daniel and I didn't actually look for them yet though because we thought that would be something fun to do with my mom:  She loves old cemeteries and she's a Harry Potter fan! Mom... that would be fun right? haha

2 comments:

  1. Take me with you too!! I'm not exactly a cemetary fan... but I'm quite possibly the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever.

    ReplyDelete