Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011

All we do is work these days.  BORING.

We did stop and try out a new fudge shop today.  We got the managers special and weren't too impressed, but we haven't lost hope yet.  We'll try it again in a few weeks haha (we're too poor to go any sooner)


Then tonight we did a literary pub crawl.  It sounded a lot cooler than it was.  Basically it was two guys that took us around to all the different places that inspired famous Scottish writters, they told us their stories and history--and people drank.  I guess by the end of the tour some people had had 4 or 5 beers so they were probably loving it. But seeing as Daniel and I don't drink (and I had to pay 60 pence for a small glass of water) it wasn't that great. It was just a nice little walk, but atleast it got us out of the flat AND we did find a place called the "Grassmarket" which looks like it has a lot of fun little shops to look at.

Hopefully this weekend will be a little bit more exciting.

Oh and did I mention that Daniel bought a bagpipe canter last week?  He tries to practice everyday and is hopefully going to take a few lessons before we leave Scotland.... Enjoy. :-)

 Yup... haha I listen to this pretty much daily.  Daniel likes when I snap to the beat. haha

3 comments:

  1. Pahahaha. That video...I died. I can't believe you put up with that, maybe you should just come over to my apartment when Daniel practices.

    Seriously, though...not a fan of the literary pub tour. My feet are still numb, it was so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pity you. That's like a cow being run over by a bus but not enough to kill it - just enough for it to squeak out that pitiful sound.

    Keep practicing, Danny boy! I'm sure you'll be a concert canterist soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! That's hilarious. He never practiced any musical instrument growing up...unless forced to, and here he is working so hard. LOL!

    ReplyDelete