Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday May 22, 2011

Today Daniel and I went to church.  As always, it's a grand old time.  I've been helping in the nursery the past few weeks for my friend Alyson while she's away visiting her family.  Today there was only one 2 year old girl.  She didn't say one word the whole time and the only time I could get a smile out of her was when I was throwing stuffed animals/dolls at her.  It seems so mean when you do it to little girls. I think I need to have all boys haha.

After church we went over to Claire, Alisse, and Heather's flat and made a "traditional British/Scottish" meal.  I loved it.  Daniel and I were in charge of the appetizer.  We made tattie & leek soup. Okay--Daniel made it.  I just cut the potatoes, but it was really good.  Danny, Brendon and Tilo (other interns) also came. 

Here was our menu:

Tattie & Leek Soup

Yorkshire Pudding
 (which is actually a savory bread like dish, not a pudding)

Dundee Lamb chops w/ an orange glaze and mashed tatties
(Mashed potatoes.  Don't worry.  I don't like calling them tatties either haha)

Strawberry short-cake with homemade ginger cream and Carmel
(I'm not sure that this is a traditional dessert but it was sooo good).






Yupp.  Awesome. 

I wish I would have taken a picture of my plate.  But I forgot my memory card :-( so these are the pictures I've bummed off other people.  It doesn't look great, but trust me.  Everything was awesome.

Now Daniel and I are just talking with family and hanging out.  Claire is over too because her Internet is down.  It's always fun having company. 

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at the tatties comment. Reminds me of old times. Funny how the word tatties, of all things, makes me miss you :P

    ReplyDelete